MBA / MSc Pathway - Level 7 Postgraduate Diploma in Education Management and Leadership
Duration: 9 Months | ₦ 600,000/Semester | Registration and Examination Fees: £120.00 | No of Semesters: 2
Qualification Number: 603/4248/1
Study online with ease
The objective of Level 7 Diploma in Education Management and Leadership qualification is to develop learners’ understanding of policy, management theory and practice in education. It provides learners with an opportunity to engage with the challenges facing professionals and policy makers in their own country. It will provide knowledge that underpins the ability to work as an effective manager in the education sector. It combines both theoretical and practical knowledge in the education profession and will develop and enhance knowledge and skills in the areas of leading change, effective performance and team leadership. Learners will be able to work in a variety of roles within education administration and/or management.
For entry onto Level 7 Diploma in Education Management and Leadership, learners must:
- possess an honours degree in related subject or UK level 6 diploma or an equivalent overseas qualification;
- be 21 years or older at the beginning of the course; or
- be mature learners with relevant management experience (learners must check with the delivery centre regarding this experience prior to registering for the programme)
- If a learner is not from a majority English-speaking country must provide evidence of English language competency. For more information visit English Language Expectations page in this website.
Level 7 diplomas on the Regulated Qualifications Framework (RQF) are at the same level as master’s degrees. However, they are shorter (120 credits) and learners will have to proceed to the dissertation stage (60 credits) with university to achieve a full masters programme.
Level 7 Diploma in Education Management and Leadership qualification consists of 6 mandatory units for a combined total of 120 credits, 1200 hours Total Qualification Time (TQT) and 600 Guided Learning Hours (GLH) for the completed qualification.
- Contemporary Issues in Education: Theory, Policy and Practice (20 credits)
- The Management of Educational Change (20 credits)
- Managing Effective Intercultural Communication and Perspectives (20 credits)
- Pedagogy and Practice in Education (20 credits)
- Leading Reflective Practice in Education (20 credits)
- Research Methods in Education (20 credits)
The qualification is designed to be delivered over one academic year for full-time study, but it is also flexible in its delivery in order to accommodate part-time and distance learning.
The qualification is delivered face-to-face, through lectures, tutorials, seminars, distance, online by approved centres only.
All units within this qualification are internally assessed by the centre and externally verified by OTHM. The qualifications are criterion referenced, based on the achievement of all the specified learning outcomes.
To achieve a ‘pass’ for a unit, learners must provide evidence to demonstrate that they have fulfilled all the learning outcomes and meet the standards specified by all assessment criteria. Judgement that the learners have successfully fulfilled the assessment criteria is made by the Assessor.
The Assessor should provide an audit trail showing how the judgement of the learners’ overall achievement has been arrived at.
Achieving Level 7 Diploma in Education Management and Leadership qualification enables learners to progress into or within employment and/or continue their further study. As this qualification is approved and regulated by Ofqual (Office of the Qualifications and Examinations Regulation), learners are eligible to progress to Master’s top-up programmes with advanced standing at many universities in the UK and overseas.